Entrepreneurs interested in the security industry explore the options of entering a dealer program or keeping 100% of their business in-house. Dealer programs can provide local home security companies with immediate capital and the ability to partner with larger brands that offer better pricing on a selection of products, equipment and services. Independent dealers benefit from keeping accounts in-house by building a continued revenue stream.
There are several key factors to consider comparing dealer programs to keeping accounts in-house:
- Equipment – Authorized Dealers have access to the latest home security systems through vendor partnerships under an established brand. An in-house strategy limits product selection due to budget constraints and lack of national visibility. These limitations, along with buying power, further limit expanding the potential customer base.
- Alarm Monitoring – A security company operating under an in-house model doesn’t solidify monitoring by a reliable, certified, solid central station. Authorized Dealers have the advantage to lead with a reliable monitoring services provided by a national brand.
- Revenue – In-house security companies experience a delay generating revenue from new customers, which prevents the company from reinvesting in the own business at a progressive pace. Authorized Dealers receive financial support with rapid funding options.
- Training and Support – An independent dealer operating under an in-house model is responsible for employee training and support. Authorized Dealer Programs develop robust training programs and beneficial support tools to grow security businesses of all sizes.
- Marketing – Nationally recognized brands build a strong customer awareness through marketing. Authorized Dealers benefit from established brand awareness and marketing resources to grow their customer base. An independent security company is responsible for the development of marketing and building a strong presence competing against national brands.
With over 20 years in the security industry, we believe dealers are the foundation of our success. Our Authorized Dealer Program provides substantial benefits to the Authorized Dealer, delivering a broad product line, on-going training programs and incentives, unparalleled marketing support, a Five-Diamond Certified remote monitoring center and so much more. To become a Monitronics Authorized Dealer, Contact Us today!