Our Veterans throughout the United States have made the ultimate sacrifice: putting their lives on hold and on the line for our country. They have kept us safe, secure and out of harm's way. At MONI, we have a great number of veterans that contribute to our customers' safety in the same way, and we are happy to honor them today and always.
As we think about what Veteran's Day truly means, here are some ways we can manifest our gratitude and give back:
- Counselors, mentors and program leaders help veterans get back on their feet. You can help by volunteering at VA hospitals or medical centers. Find a location near you, here.
- About 40,000 veterans are homeless every night. Participate in local programs to help homeless veterans in your area.
- Pitch in at the national level. Click here to volunteer or donate through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If you don't have time to spare, donate to the cause. Charity Watch helps rate charities' contributions and expenses to ensure money is being used correctly and effectively.
- Many veterans struggle to re-integrate back into society, and without jobs they can't get back on their feet. Organizations like Hire Heroes USA help connect veterans and organizations to make the hiring process seamless and easy.
We're so thankful for the sacrifices made by the men and women of our armed forces, past, present and future, and hope you'll join us in doing our part to show our support this Veteran's Day.